International symposium on REDD+ and National workshop ‘Lessons from CIFOR’s Global Comparative Study on REDD+’
1 Jun 2017 8:00 am - 6:00 pm, Sol de Oro hotel, Miraflores, Lima, Peru.
A key challenge to the design and implementation of REDD+ and other strategies aimed at transforming land-use trajectories is the sheer range of actors involved in policy and implementation at multiple levels. This workshop is aimed at providing clear information and tools across a range of relevant topics to policymakers and practitioners.
An integrated, landscape-level approach is urgently needed to assess the carbon trade-offs and other effects of various – often competing – land-use decisions. The elements of functional, effective climate policies need to be integrated across levels. These include good governance, equitable benefit distribution and the assessment of strategies’ success in meeting the goals of emissions reduction, improved livelihoods and biodiversity conservation.
On June 1, 2017, as part of the ‘Climate Research to Action under Multilevel Governance: Building Knowledge and Capacity at Landscape Scale’ project, financed by the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB) through the International Climate Initiative (IKI), Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD), and CGIAR – FTA. CIFOR will share results on its research on processes and policies currently being worked on in Peru as part of an even involving an International Workshop and a National Workshop on REDD+, MRV and multilevel governance.
The objective of this event is to support decisions made by forest-related policy makers and practitioners in Peru at all levels of governance, by providing science-based knowledge, information, analysis and tools that contribute to effective and efficient reduction of carbon emissions with equitable impacts, as well as poverty reduction, biodiversity and livelihood benefits.
Themes to be covered:
- Global findings of a 5-country study (Peru, Indonesia, Mexico, Tanzania and Vietnam) on multilevel governance and land use decisions
- Monitoring, measuring, reporting and verification (MMRV) for REDD+ and the land use sector
- Impact assessment of REDD+ on forest and people, analysis of subnational initiatives in Peru
- Reconciling policy and practice in the co-management of forests in indigenous territories in Peru
- REDD+ policies and progress in 13 countries
- Multi-Stakeholder Initiatives as a solution to mainstream decision-making on land-use change
- Software CarboScen as a tool to estimate carbon in dynamic landscapes
Agenda: PERU REDD+ International simposium and National workshop 01 06 2017 AGENDA (in Spanish)
- Progreso de REDD+ en 13 países – Pham Thu Thuy
- Evaluando el impacto en ingresos forestales en comunidades indígenas que participan en REDD+ –
- Gobernanza Multinivel y la Política del Uso de la Tierra – Anne Larson
- Iniciativas Subnacionales de REDD+: Evaluando los primeros impactos sobre bosques y personas – Sven Wunder
- Monitoreo, Medición, Reporte y Verificación (MMRV) para REDD+ y el sector uso de la tierra – Veronique de Sy y Natalia Cisneros
- Simposio Internacional sobre REDD+: Información y herramientas para mejores decisiones sobre los bosques – Anne Larson
- Gobernanza Multinivel y la Política del Uso de la Tierra en Perú – Laura Kowler
- ¿Son las iniciativas multo-actores una solución más equitativa y efectiva para la toma de decisiones sobre el cambio de uso de la tierra? – Juan Pablo Sarmiento