Bogor and Malasari village, 19-23 October 2015
Participants: Research teams and partners from Tanjungpura University (UNTAN)-Indonesia, National University of Lao (NUOL), and Vietnamese Academy of Forest Science (VAFS)
The specific objectives of this methods training activity are:
- Building common understanding of the objectives and methodological framework that will be used in the ASFCC Phase 2 research across research teams from Lao, Vietnam and Kalimantan-Indonesia.
- Familiarizing the research teams with the varied methods (livelihood survey, social network analysis, and focus group discussion) that will be used in the data collection.
- Gathering site specific inputs and feedbacks from research teams to adjust the research instrument on focus group discussion (FGD).
- Testing and revising the focus group discussion method based on the field testing and feedback from research teams.
- Building synergy and fostering communication and team work within each country and across countries’ research teams