The project will produce the following outputs:
- Report of desk review on practices for CBFPR in Sumatra and Kalimantan;
- Report of PAR-CBFPR process in Dompas village;
- Report and communication materials to showcase the success of CBFPR in Dompas;
- Guidelines for developing CBFPR;
- Presentations of the CBFPR best practices and lessons learned on events with relevant stakeholders.
The outputs will provide materials and evidence that displays that the implementation of the PAR methodology in Dompas Village has resulted in the following project outcome that will be observed during the project execution:
- A community that is equipped to implement the zero burning technique;
- Landscape stakeholders that are engaged and equipped to peat and land restoration and;
- Zero burning and peat restoration that is mainstreamed by stakeholders in the landscape
Indicators to measure the success of the overall project outcomes are:
- Number of hectares on which fire-free land clearance techniques are practiced
- Increase of income for producers that changed to fire-free alternatives to clear land
- Number of hectares of peatland restored
The long-term goal is changing behavior of communities not to use fire in agriculture farming and stakeholders are conformed to the forest and peat restoration agenda without losing agricultural production and income. The overall TOC is shown in Figure 3. Final, appropriate, detail indicators and progress markers will be developed in a participatory way during the PAR process to ensure the stakeholders’ support to those indicators and meet with local context.