A cross-sectoral discussion at the 2016 Asia-Pacific Rainforest Summit, titled ‘Public-Private-People Partnerships: opportunities for combined efforts’. The development and implementation of forest conservation projects require partnerships between governments, people and the private sector. This session discussed the financing opportunities for forest conservation and REDD+.
In this video:
· Peter Holmgren, Director General, Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR)
· Ida Bagus Putera Parthama, Director General of Sustainable Forest Management, Ministry of Environment and Forestry, Republic of Indonesia
· Brian Williams, Regional Director of Asia, Wildlife Works Carbon
· Dharsono Hartono, President Director of PT Rimba Makmur Utama
· Paul Tregidgo, Managing Director, Global Markets Division, Credit Suisse
Leaders in public, private and community sectors from across the Asia-Pacific gathered to discuss the future of the region’s forests at the Summit held from 3-5 August in Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam.
The event was hosted by the Government of Brunei Darussalam, and supported by the Australian Government as the coordinating partner, with CIFOR as the science and engagement partner.