Economic incentives are imperative for nature conservation and ecotourism, when done correctly, combines environmental – and biodiversity – awareness and sustainability with local economic benefit.
Potential discussion topics:
- Role of ecotourism in economic development and biodiversity conservation
- Guidance on tourism activities to minimize a disturbance to biodiversity in conservation areas
- Enhancing capacity building of a rural communities around conservation areas to receive benefits from ecotourism and biodiversity conservation
- Influence of social media in increasing public awareness of developing ecotourism and biodiversity conservation
- Coordination, information sharing and lessons from regional and international institutions working in ecotourism and conservation of biodiversity