Ahead of the 2018 Asia-Pacific Rainforest Summit (APRS), Indonesia’s Forestry and Environment Research, Development and Innovation Agency (FOERDIA) will host an event a day before APRS kicks off.
Titled “Scientific Dialogue for Excavating REDD+ Implementation at the Sub-national Level,” the objective of the meeting will be to share REDD+ implementation experiences at the sub-national level, including challenges and opportunities, which might be able to help Indonesia as it implements REDD+ across the nation.
The themes covered will include:
- Linking REDD+ to NDC: Making REDD+ work for mitigating and adapting to climate change
- Opportunities and Challenges in Implementing REDD+ at the Sub-national Level: A political economy approach
- Designing Appropriate System for Implementing REDD+ at the Sub-national Level
- Designing Joint Adaptation and Mitigation Actions to Support REDD+ at the Sub-national Level
- Preparing Sub-national Stakeholders in Implementing REDD+: Learning from the FCPF-Readiness Fund in Indonesia
- Preparing the Implementation of REDD+ in East Kalimantan: the FCPF Carbon Fund Process
As the participation of sub-national stakeholders is crucial to the overall successful implementation of REDD+, this scientific discussion will provide thoughtful and important insights on the event of the 3rd APRS, a key regional event which brings together government, business, civil society and the research community to catalyze practical action to help achieve sustainable development in the region.
Indonesia hosts APRS for the first time and will capitalize on the work done at the 2016 APRS in Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam and 2014 APRS in Sydney, Australia.
In addition to the speakers, FOERDIA has also put out a call for papers related to the event topic, either in English or Bahasa Indonesia. Selected papers will be published in Jurnal Analisis Kebijakan Kehutanan or Jurnal Penelitian Sosial dan Ekonomi. Interested parties should e-mail Wahyuning Hanurawati at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submissions is April 15, 2018.